Re: Building shared library with libtool

> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:55:25 +0100 (CET)
> From: Aymeric MOIZARD <jack@xxxxxxx.org>

> I've been trying unsuccessfully the following:
>
> The original command I was using:
>
> ./configure --host=cris

> ./configure --host=cris-linux

> The value is "linux" for --host=cris-linux
> The value is "none" for --host=cris
>
> As a conclusion, I feel like the naming for the compiler
> might be the wrong ones?

You didn't say whether you tried --host=cris-axis-linux-gnu *and
making sure that /usr/local/cris/bin is in your path* (again,
don't miss that "bin" part), as I advised.  Did you?

Please try that, *then* if that doesn't work, come back with the
complete state of the configuration attempt: config.log,
configure.in, aclocal.m4, whatever else .m4 and the output of
"echo $PATH".

> Any though?
> Temporarily, the best idea would be to make links to
> cris-* binaries so they can be found with cris-linux-*

That's exactly wrong.  The tools are there by the canonical
names, with one of the main reasons being that autoconfed stuff
should Just Work.  Just use the correct --host=... and the right
PATH.  Your autoconfed program will then work.

brgds, H-P