Re: Daylight Savings

Robert Hibberdine wrote:
> Actually, daylight savings time all works fine within the time stuff in
> glibc. You just have to set the time zone environment variable TZ.
>
> See
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/TZ-Variable.html#TZ%20Variable
>

> for furhter info.
>
> I've not tried the time zone database though!

This requires that the time zone database is
installed, usually found in /usr/share/zoneinfo,
/usr/local/etc/zoneinfo or /usr/lib/zoneinfo and
to be able to read the time zone database must the
tzfile.h functionality be included. Time zone
information is found in glibc/timezone and time
zone database can be generated with the time zone
compiler, zic.

man tzfile
man tzset
man zic
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Clock.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/TimePrecision-HOWTO/index.html
tells more about how to keep accurate date and
time on a Linux system.

Last time I glanced at the hwlock implementation
in busybox it lacked vital functionality. Perhaps
it includes more functionality at the moment and
can be used to keep accurate  time and date.

Oskar