From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com] On
Behalf Of Petter Hofverberg
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 2:02 PM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: Kernel_panic_after_configuring_the_kernel

Hi!

I had some problems with the serial port, and to solve this (I
thought..),
I changed the port-mode to synchronous. But after I uploaded the new
kernel
to the borad, its impossible to communicate with it!  When I boot it I
get
the following message:
"Kernel panic: cannot allocate sync serial port 1 IRC"

Please, anyone, how do I fix this?!

regards
-Petter