Re: problem_receaving_data_via_serial_port

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 18:47, Petter Hofverberg wrote:
> Hi all!
> yep, the topic really says it all. I have written a small test program in C
> to send a receive data through the serial port (below).
>   fwrite(data, 1, message_s, fd);

You have to configure the port first. Maybe both sides are be using opposite
parity settings (one even, one odd), and the devboard might ignore bytes with
parityerrors.
Or some of the other various tty settings might cause your read to block.
Maybe it waits for a \r character, which you don't send.

Regards,

Pieter