flash questions

Hi,

We are in the process of building our first batch of boards that use the Etrax MCM. In our development we have used flashit and testit to load our firmware but we have never tried to put firmware on a board that contained no previous release.

1. Is there a different procedure for flashing a board for the first time?

The other question I have about flashing is as follows:

Has anyone developed tools that would allow us to do the equivalent operation of flahsiht through the USB connection? We would like to be able to put a new firmware release on a USB flash drive for field upgrades of our product.

Thanks,

Phil Sutter