system time command with millisecond for Etrax 100LX-linux 2.0.38

Hello experts,
I am using a 2130PTZ network cam with a Etrax 100LX CPU and Linux
version 2.0.38.
I need to rename each jpg file with its time of acquisition.
Is there a way to get the system time down to the millisecond?
Alternatively,
I am looking for a system command returning the system time with a 1-ms
accuracy,
e.g. hhmmss_xyz where xyz is the  number of milliseconds.
Because I do not plan to develop more code for this camera, I am
reluctant installing
the cross-compiler.
Does anyone have such a function already compiled and willing to share it ?
Thanks in advance!
PhilB

--
Philippe Bruyant, PhD
Nuclear Medicine - University of Massachusetts