Re: Software reboot problem

>What happens at reboot? Nothing at all or does the LED starts to
>flash fast?

Which LED ? We're using our own design...

>Do you use DMA to the FGPAs?

Yes, we're using External DMA channel 4 (output direction from CPU to FPGA)

>Is the ETRAX WAIT pin connected to the FPGA?

Yes, but I'm not sure if it is exposed.

>Is the ETRAX BS pins connected to the FPGA?

No.

>Is the ETRAX IRQ pin connected to the FPGA?

Yes, the FPGA generates a lot of interrupts using external vector mode.

>Is any PA pins connected between ETRAX and the FPGA?

Yes, we're using PA pins to configure the FPGA via JTAG interface.

>One problem may be that the FPGA is not reset when ETRAX is
>reset and the FPGA outputs are not tristated.

That was my first thought but I resetted the FPGA and then it should
switch all pins to tri-state, there are definetly no interrupts or any
other changes at the ports after the reset.

Dipl. Inform. Arne Bockholdt
REA Elektronik GmbH
Teichwiesenstr. 1
64367 Mühltal-Waschenbach