Re: Software reboot problem

> For us, even when we don't initialise the FPGA (all outputs stay tristated
all
> the time since poweron), our reboot fails.
> The irq stays high, and the Etrax is able to boot correctly the first time
> after powerup, it never sees any interrupts.
>
> I must say that we do have DRQ0 and DACK0 connected (both currently
unused).
> Maybe these can prevent the Etrax from rebooting correctly?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pieter

Are you using the "rescue" image supplied with the kernel?
If not - there is a buf in the ptable code that I think could cause
trouble.

Is the "NICE_DOGGY" watchdog kernel config option disabled?

Do you have the "SDRAM clock fix" on your board?
(The problem is described on this list before I think - when resetting
the SDRAM clock from ETRAX goes away, but the SDRAM might not be finished
and
thus still drives the bus)

Best regards
/Johan