Re: Software reboot problem

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 18:43, johan.adolfsson@xxxxxxx.com wrote:
> Are you using the "rescue" image supplied with the kernel?

I'm using the standard devboard_82 distribution, with kernelconfig
modifications to make it work for the 100LX.
For the first flash we use the ./flashitall script, which programs the
standard rescue image I think?

> Is the "NICE_DOGGY" watchdog kernel config option disabled?

I tried both with and without this option. Same result.

> Do you have the "SDRAM clock fix" on your board?

I think this is what you mean (found this in an errata file for the MCM_2_8):

<quote>
2. SDRAM can drive the bus after manual reset

2.1 Affected versions

ETRAX 100LX MCM 2+8 (18896)
</quote>

Does this also affect the 'normal' ETRAX 100LX?

<quote>
This is only a problem if the mreset_ input of the chip is used
</quote>

But I quess the watchdog does not use this mreset_ input?
Doesn't the watchdog perform a reset internally?

Regards,

Pieter