GNU gettext & Etrax

Hi all,

I've just found out that gettext does not work right away, haven't found out
why yet.

I've put my dutch .mo file in /usr/local/share/nl/LC_MESSAGES, this file was
generated on an i686, but I assume that the format is architecture
independent.

In my software, I do:

  setenv("LANG" , "nl_NL", 1);
  setlocale(LC_ALL, "");

  bindtextdomain(PACKAGE, "/usr/local/share/locale");
  textdomain(PACKAGE);

On my development system, this works fine, but on the Etrax it doesn't.

Is anything special required to make GNU gettext work on the Etrax?
I assumed it was just part of the standard glibc, and should work right away.

Regards,

Pieter