Re: GNU gettext & Etrax

On Monday 15 March 2004 17:13, Lars Viklund wrote:
> > I've put my dutch .mo file in
> > /usr/local/share/nl/LC_MESSAGES, this file was
>
> Not /usr/local/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES ?
>                      ^^^^^^

You're right, that's where I put it.

> > generated on an i686, but I assume that the format is architecture
> > independent.
>
> It should be.

OK, that removes one possible cause from the list.

> >   setenv("LANG" , "nl_NL", 1);
> >   setlocale(LC_ALL, "");
> >   bindtextdomain(PACKAGE, "/usr/local/share/locale");
> >   textdomain(PACKAGE);

> Exactly what doesn't work? Have you checked the return values from
> setenv(), setlocale() bindtextdomain() and textdomain() to see if any of
> the calls fail?

setlocale(LC_ALL, "") fails (returns NULL pointer)
All other functions return their normal values.

So I tried setlocale(LC_MESSAGES, ""), which also fails.
setlocale(LC_ALL, "C") returns OK, but does not have the desired effect,
my messages are not translated.
(also on my development PC when I use "C", the messages are not translated)

Regards,

Pieter