Re: devboard-82 software installation problems

> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:55:23 +1030
> From: Rick Luppino <Ricky.Luppino@xxxxxxx.au>

> I use the "rpm -qi" command to verify that version 1.56 is installed
> correctly, yet the error suggests that it isn't. what is causing this
> error? Note that i also get this error with version 1.55 of the cris
> distribution.

It can imagine it would happen if you have more than one
installation of cris-dist, and the wrong one is picked up.
Still, from the error messages it seems for some reason the
gcc-cris installation is just broken.  No, I don't know why.
Maybe some program has accidentally erased some files, including
"cc1".

Can you please send the output from the following commands?
(It might be lengthy and is supposedly uninteresting, so I
suggest you don't send it to the list, only to me.)

which gcc-cris
`which gcc-cris` -v
/usr/local/cris/gcc-cris -v
rpm -V cris-dist
rpm -ql crid-dist
ls -lR /usr/local/cris

> I have also found that after upgrading the cris distribution (from our
> current version of 1.22), i can compile applications that are written in
> C++, but not those written in C. I get the following error:
>
>  >>>>>
> gcc-cris -mlinux -isystem
> /sp3/axis/e100lx_mcm/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/include -Wall -O2   -c
> -o es3kprog.o es3kprog.c
> <command line>: warning: "system" re-asserted
> cpp: -lang-c: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc-cris: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
> make: *** [es3kprog.o] Error 1

Your gcc-cris installation is severely broken.  I don't know if
it helps, but to try and clean things up, I suggest executing
the following commands (*after* doing the commands above and
saving the output):

rpm -e cris-dist
rm -rf /usr/local/cris
rpm -i cris-dist-1.56.i386.rpm

> I have checked that the "LANG" environment variable = C.

For the record, the -lang-c message has nothing to do with LANG
etc. *human* language support.

brgds, H-P