Re: GNU gettext & Etrax

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:39:40PM +0100, Pieter Grimmerink wrote:
> On Monday 15 March 2004 19:38, Pieter Grimmerink wrote:
> > On Monday 15 March 2004 18:57, Pieter Grimmerink wrote:
> > > setlocale(LC_ALL, "") fails (returns NULL pointer)
>
> For whomever is interested, I've finally got gettext + locales working on the
> Etrax.

We're always interested! :-) Nice work!

> I've done a lot of strace's on my development PC, to find out what files were
> opened by gettext / setlocale etc.
> There usually is a locale database /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive, which you
> really don't want to copy to the Etrax environment.
> On my system it is 19MB, and when I tried to create a new one, with just one
> locale in it (with localedef), it already was 1.1MB.

Since cramfs is a compressed fs it is much more interesting to compare
the size of the cramfs image with and without the file. Try something
like this:

make images
ls -lh cramfs.img
cp bigfile target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/usr/lib
make images
ls -lh cramfs.img

(cramfs.img may be called rootfs.img nowadays)

Best regards
/Jonas