Re: where can you retain original kernel image installed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kiran Rama" <RamaK@xxxxxxx.za>
To: <jonashg@xxxxxxx.com>
Cc: <dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: where can you retain original kernel image installed

> hi,
>
> I executed  ktest in shell and watch what happens in a terminal program
> (minicom and sermon) and it says:
> "Start booting ". It stayed this point for a time and I do not know
> whats happening.
> What is actually suppose to happen?

If you have your board powered up in network boot mode and the
boars is connected to the same network as your Linux PC, the
kimage file will be transferred to the RAM on the board and executed.
See
http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/tools/network_boot.html
for details.
You must have built the product images before you run ktest or flashit.

> Is it supposed to compile or load the image so that you view it from
> the terminal program?
> After pressing reset button - yes it reset to old settings.
>
> thank you.

Best regards
/Johan