Parallel hard drive on devboard

Hi

I have a devboard E2 with the ETRAX 100LX. I would like to know if it is possible to connect a parallel hard drive on LP0.

I try to configure the kernel with the parallel support, paride, epat (the chip in the external HD case) and pd but it doesn’t working.

On a “standard” pc, all work fine with this drivers. But on the devboard, when I try to load paride, no problem; when I try epat, all is ok; but when I try PD, I see this message:

“Using /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/block/paride/pd.o

pd: pd version 1.05, major 45, cluster 64, nice 0

pda: Autoprobe failed

pd: no valid drive found

insmod: init_module: pd: Operation not permitted”

The parallel port seem to be work: when I connect a printer on the X23 port, and I type: echo “SALUT” >> /dev/lp0 , the printer do correctly this work.

I will be very happy if you can help me to resolve this problem.

Jonathan Grettner