Parallel hard drive on devboard

Hi

I have a devboard E2 with the ETRAX 100LX. I would like to know if it is
possible to connect a parallel hard drive on LP0.
I try to configure the kernel with the parallel support, paride, epat (the
chip in the external HD case) and pd but it doesn't working.
On a "standard" pc, all work fine with this drivers. But on the devboard,
when I try to load paride, no problem; when I try epat, all is ok; but when
I try PD, I see this message:

"Using /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/block/paride/pd.o
pd: pd version 1.05, major 45, cluster 64, nice 0
pda: Autoprobe failed
pd: no valid drive found
insmod: init_module: pd: Operation not permitted"

The parallel port seem to be work: when I connect a printer on the X23 port,
and I type: echo "SALUT" >> /dev/lp0 , the printer do correctly this work.

I will be very happy if you can help me to resolve this problem.

Jonathan Grettner