Re: C++ and pthread

> Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:55:27 +0200
> From: "Mario Viara" <mviara@xxxxxxx.it>

> For using pthread in c++ in ETRAX100 LX is sufficent add
> -lpthread and -D_REENTRANT to the compiler ?

I strongly suggest you use the option "-pthread" for both
compiling and linking threaded programs.  You should not rely on
whatever options that option translates to internally in gcc.

> Because i have ported a large application running on
> readhat/suse/mandrake linux without warning but the
> pthread_mutex_.... hang the system.

Since you have analyzed it that far, can you provide a small
example program that shows the error (but works on your host
computer)?

You are using cris-dist-1.56, I assume?

brgds, H-P