Problems with Samba

Hi All,

I'm currently working with the etrax 100LX, and am running into a known issue with the version of samba supplied with the kit, 2.2.8a.

From my readings, the samba team has resolved this issue, and as a result, I am trying to compile in the latest samba source.

Unfortunately, every time I try to build it, I get the following error message back:

checking whether the C Compiler works... configure: errir: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use '--host'.

Unfortunately, I haven't found much online regarding this error, and was wondering if anyone else was able to successfully compile in support for the latest version of samba.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony