RE: carrier detect with PPP

Hi,

Has anyone used the Carrier Detect line to control when the PPP daemon dies?

I can connect a GPRS modem using PPP and send and receive data, but if I
disconnect the modem cable or the modem is disconnected from the network
(dropping the CD line) the pppd continues to run.

I have added "modem" to the /etc/ppp/options and I have made sure that
"local" is not being used

I have tried using pppd 2.4.1 instead of pppd 2.4.3b (requiring a new
compile pppd and chat)

Hardware: Axis 82 dev

Software: cris-dist-1.56 devboard82-R1_91 and linux-2.4.22

Tried with both ttyS0 and ttyS2
the debugging on ttyS0 is disabled and the DTR, DSR, RI and CD are enbled
and set with following

CONFIG_ETRAX_SER0_DTR_RI_DSR_CD_ON_PB=y

CONFIG_ETRAX_SER0_DTR_ON_PB_BIT=4
CONFIG_ETRAX_SER0_RI_ON_PB_BIT=5
CONFIG_ETRAX_SER0_DSR_ON_PB_BIT=6
CONFIG_ETRAX_SER0_CD_ON_PB_BIT=7

CONFIG_ETRAX_SER2_DTR_RI_DSR_CD_ON_PA=y

CONFIG_ETRAX_SER2_DTR_ON_PA_BIT=4
CONFIG_ETRAX_SER2_RI_ON_PA_BIT=5
CONFIG_ETRAX_SER2_DSR_ON_PA_BIT=6
CONFIG_ETRAX_SER2_CD_ON_PA_BIT=7

I have tried several combinations but can not get the pppd to die

any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Sinclair Hansen
R & D Engineer
Multitrode Pty Ltd