Curious flash messages

Hi,

I have some courious messages on a custom board with Etrax 100LX
MCM2+8 (using CRIS 1.56 and modified Devboard82 SDK R1_92):

1) I'm using external flash type AMD AM29LV640MT (4x16MBit), but kernel
debug on serial port says, it is a AM29BDS643D.

2) If writing big files to the external flash (e.g some MBytes random
bytes), there sometimes are MANY (sometimes more than 3000) kernel debug
lines like
"cse1: waiting for chip to read, state = 7" or
"cse1: waiting for chip to read, state = 4".

3) If debug port is activated, linux often crashes (because of this many
kernel debug outputs). If kernel debug is disabled, everything basically
works fine (with the exception of the debug lines described above in
/var/log/messages)

What's wrong or is this a normal behaviour?

MfG,

--
Bernhard Roessmann
Don't Fear The Penguins!