Re: Boot process

> I have been adding files to the ./devboard_82/target/cris-axis-
> linux-gnu/...
> folder, then re-creating the image, without a problem, but this is
> not what
> the documentation tells me.

I had not read the documentation about that part yet. However, the way I
have been handling files is to copy them or create them when I 'make
install' the application that the file is associated with. For the dcron
application, which needs a crontab file (called root):
install:
        $(INSTALL) -d $(INSTDIR)
        $(INSTALL) -m $(INSTMODE) -o $(INSTOWNER) -g $(INSTGROUP) crond
$(INSTDIR)/usr/sbin
        $(INSTALL) -m 4755 -o $(INSTOWNER) -g $(INSTGROUP) crontab
$(INSTDIR)/usr/bin
        mkdir -p $(INSTDIR)/var/spool/cron/crontabs
        cp root $(INSTDIR)/var/spool/cron/crontabs/

My guess is this is already how you've been adding files. You could
create a dummy app that has a make install that takes care of all the
files you need added. I suspect the correct procedure is the one that
works :)

Quick question, do you know what "$^" in makefiles mean? I see it come
across a lot, but trying to find it in a how-to is next to impossible,
when google excludes & even when you quote it. I believe $@ inserts the
name of the target.

-Nathan