Re: usb-irda and etrax usb driver or how quicky we oops

Dne torek 13 julij 2004 12:19 je Henrik Eriksson napisal(a):
> Or rather the ETRAX USB host controller does not timeout at all
> since that functionality is not supported in the driver.  However,
> missing timeout functionality shouldn't make the driver oops in
> the port status changed bottom half.  So that is either the result
> of the IRDA device causing some weird state on the bus when the
> host controller keeps polling it for traffic for the URB that
> should have been removed, or the oops is a separate issue.
> Running through the test with additional debug, say USE_DEBUG_RH
> and USE_DEBUG_BULK, may give some information.
>
> Regarding timeout functionality, please contact Fredrik Norrman
> (fredrik.norrman@xxxxxxx.com) if that is something you'd want
> implemented.

I just saw in the errata that you do not advise using v2 100LX chip for USB
host application. We only have v2 chips on our dev boards (that is according
to cat /proc/cpuinfo) so I will wait a bit for us to get the v3 chips and
then - if they still wont work - I will try to debug it.

P.S. Just to be sure: Could somebody please confirm that we are using v2
version of the chip. They are marked: Etrax 100LX MCM 2+8 part number 18896.
Thank you.

	Regards Simon