Re: usb-irda and etrax usb driver or how quicky we oops

Dne Ĩetrtek 15 julij 2004 14:51 je Henrik Eriksson napisal(a):
> The USB bug fixed in ETRAX 100LX rev. 3 shouldn't matter for
> the IRDA device since the bug relates to ctrl traffic and
> periodic traffic (isochronous or interrupt) and the device
> use ctrl and bulk traffic.

I could only hope it would ;)  But I have no such luck...

> > P.S. Just to be sure: Could somebody please confirm that we
> > are using v2
> > version of the chip. They are marked: Etrax 100LX MCM 2+8
> > part number 18896.
>
> ETRAX 100LX rev. 2 and rev. 3 differ only in the USB
> controller, so /proc/cpuinfo for rev. 3 will give the same
> output as rev. 2.
>
> To see what your MCM is based on please apply the patch below
> to usb-host.c.  The USB version is 0x10 for rev. 3 and 0x11
> for rev. 1 and rev. 2.

Applied  and found it is 0x10 == rev. 3. Thx!

I turned on the USE_DEBUG_RH and USE_DEBUG_BULK in the usb-host.c. The output
(+ resolved oopses) is attached. Can anybody explain what is going on - ie.
what is the problem? Thank you!

The script used for generating the output which you can see in usb-log.txt is:
	        cd /lib/modules/2.4.26sp1/kernel/drivers/net
                insmod slhc.o
                insmod ppp_generic.o
                insmod ppp_synctty.o
                insmod ppp_async.o
                insmod ppp_deflate.o
                cd /lib/modules/2.4.26sp1/kernel/net/irda
                insmod irda.o
                cd /lib/modules/2.4.26sp1/kernel/drivers/net/irda
                insmod irda-usb.o
                ifconfig -a
                cat /proc/ksyms
                lsmod
                echo "  ***     IRATTACH        ***" > /dev/ttyS0
                irattach irda0 -s

	Regards Simon