RE: sys/timeb.h

Here is an excerpt from the manual page of ftime() (which is the
function declared in sys/timeb.h):

       This function is obsolete. Don't use it. If  the  time  in
       seconds  suffices,  time(2)  can  be used; gettimeofday(2)
       gives microseconds; clock_gettime(3) gives nanoseconds but
       is not yet widely available.

My recommendation would be to use gettimeofday().

//Peter