'which' command segmentation fault

Hello,

I am running the 2.4.26 kernel on an Axis 82 with some customizations to
the kernel for usb-storage and a keyspan usb->serial device.

Today I wanted to know the location of a command I was running, to add
the path in my crontab file. When I do "which ls" it returns a
segmentation fault. It does that for what seems like any command.

Have I done something to cause this? What troubleshooting steps should I
take to figure out why it's seg faulting?

Thanks,
Nate