Re: POSTROUTING - iptables and etrax

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Mark Richards wrote:

> I am having some difficulty getting POSTROUTING to be recognized when I
> compile the 2.4.26 kernel for iptables.
>
> My script works up to the point of the following:
>
> iptables -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

The POSTROUTING chain does not exist in the 'filter' table (which is
the the default table). OTOH, there's a POSTROUTING chain in the 'nat'
table.

What happens if you try this instead:

  # iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
             ^^^^^^

I've got myself these modules loaded (but, of course, YYMV):

  ipt_LOG
  ipt_TOS
  ipt_REJECT
  ipt_TCPMSS
  ipt_MASQUERADE
  ipt_state
  ipt_limit
  iptable_filter
  ip_conntrack_ftp
  ip_nat_ftp
  iptable_mangle
  iptable_nat
  ip_conntrack
  ip_tables

There's good documentation here:

  http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/

Specifically, you might want to look at this:

  http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html#MASQUERADETARGET

Cheers,
Cristian