Configuring

I don't want to wear out my welcome, but I have two more questions.

1. What technique should I use to alter kernelconfig. I know
there is some approach, but I can't find it in the documentation.
It advises not to use a simple editor.

2. I need to configure the Axis-83 so it does NOT use either of the
serial ports for the boot process, in any way. Is it possible to redirect
the console BEFORE boot?? Maybe to ttyS1, which physically is
still inside the case?? I know it's a strange question.

Frank Brown
Phoenix Consulting
for Emerson Climate Technology
fcb3@xxxxxxx.net