Re: setting BS1 and BS2 pins

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 08:27:45AM -0400, Akshay Adhikari wrote:
> i can send you the error message later today - i will have to change
> flash.c again to add another cflash device for the extra partition - i
> had given up on ftp flash. off the top of my head, the message had to do
> with failed checksum.
>
> anyway, i think what happens is that read_image is called before
> read_image_partition_table, and read_image uses partition->flash_len
> (loaded from the partition table on flash) to read the image over the
> network, hence it will not read the right number of bytes into each
> partition, and it will miss reading the newly added partition.

Ahh, you _added_ a partition. I don't think adding and removing
partitions has been done when upgrading via FTP before, only resizing
them. You'll probably have to get your hands dirty then. Patches are
welcome if you succeed :-)

Depending on what you intend to use the added partition for, it might
be easier to not include it in the image. If you, for example, just
need it to store some data files you could just mount an empty
partition and start writing to it.

As far as I know it's not easy to put ETRAX in boot mode from
software. I don't know if it ever has been done. If possible at all, I
think you have to jump into the boot ROM.

/Jonas