Newbe problem with ktest

I am having trouble using ktest on the development board. After lurking around here I corrected the Redhat enviroment until I could get a error free image file made through ktest.
 Now that I get a good image file I find that ktest does not seem to load it correctly.
 After putting the board into boot mode (one LED on), the second I execute ktest all three LEDs light up while ktest appears to download the data. The board then appears locked up.A few minutes later the board appears to reset back to its internal image and can again be accessed.
 Can anyone tell me where to look? Is the three LEDs staying on a hint at what I have done wrong?

I also need to know what the headers are on the development card. They appear to be 2mm square headers but I would like to confirm that before ordering parts.