Re: Shared libraries

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 04:55:47PM -0400, Frank Brown wrote:
> I have built a couple of small applications to run on the Axis-83. I changed
> the
> Makefile to include them in the image build, and they get installed in
> ~/devboard*
> /target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/bin area, and get included in the image build.
> Both
> of
> them require the use of a shared library named libm-so.6. That also gets
> transfered to ~/devboard*/target/cris-axis-linux-gnu/lib. However, it does not
> get included in the image build, so my apps on the Axis-83 tell me
>
> foo_uei: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6 -----------
>
> Any ideas???

I'm not sure why find-needed-shlibs.pl (called from the the top
Makefile when building the cramfs-image) doesn't find any reference to
libm in your app, but the quick (and possibly dirty) solution is to
add a package that installs /lib/romfs_meta.txt with the following
line:

Include: libm-so.6

(and maybe some more Includes if there are any symlinks needed.)

/Jonas