Flashing user files

I don't know how to flash user files into Axis. I have copied "hello.txt" into target/cris*/mnt/flash and it never made it over. I have read the instructions for creating a "files" directory, but couldn't find a "LOCALS" in the Makefile. Has anyone had success with copying just regular files? I am using the "kflash" script and it doesn't seem to overwrite the flash2 at all. It looks like the /mnt/flash stays the way it is.

Thanks,

Emerson Retail Services
Gurkan, Ozzie [ERS/ATL]
Manager, Integrated Systems