RE: Flashing user files

Title: RE: Flashing user files

Nathan, thanks for the tips. I have indeed created a new directory and a makefile to copy into the correct /mnt/flash directory. I see my "hello.txt" in the target/cris*/mnt/flash directory now. I run the "make images" and "./kflash". I see the programming taking place, however, I don't see that file on Axis. I must be missing something simple. Have any other suggestions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan.Smith@xxxxxxx.gov">mailto:Nathan.Smith@xxxxxxx.gov]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 1:28 PM
To: Gurkan, Ozzie [ERS/ATL]
Cc: dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com
Subject: Re: Flashing user files

Hey, umm, can I have a job, or an internship? ;) jk

Seriously though, I think you should have put your file in target/cris*/mnt/flash/etc. After that, you do make images, then ./kflash. Did you forget to do 'make images'? Also, be sure you don't do make install or make files, because that may remove any changes you've made to target/cris*/ . (I'm not sure about this, you can read 'make help' for more info.)

I think the information you found about the 'files' directory may not be used anymore, it doesn't exist in /devboard_82/. So what I've done is created ~/apps/Settings where I put all of my user files and a Makefile that copies them to the correct locations. It also modifies anything else like adding /dev/* devices.

Anyway, I've been successful at doing this. Good luck.
# Nate