Re: Newbe problem with ktest

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Eric Sorton wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 August 2004 05:58 pm, jim.deas wrote:
> > I am having trouble using ktest on the development board. After lurking
> > around here I corrected the Redhat enviroment until I could get a error
> > free image file made through ktest. Now that I get a good image file I find
> > that ktest does not seem to load it correctly. After putting the board into
> > boot mode (one LED on), the second I execute ktest all three LEDs light up
> > while ktest appears to download the data. The board then appears locked
> > up.A few minutes later the board appears to reset back to its internal
> > image and can again be accessed. Can anyone tell me where to look? Is the
> > three LEDs staying on a hint at what I have done wrong?
>
> There is a bug in devboard_lx R2.2.0 software which prevents ktest from
> working properly.  A kernel patch is required.  Ferdy Hanssen posted a patch
> earlier this month, you can find it at
>
> 	http://mhonarc.axis.se/dev-etrax/msg04526.html

His description mentions three LEDs, which makes me think he does not have
a devboard LX, as that only has two LEDs.  But it doesn't hurt to try, I
guess.  It would be interesting to know if this trick works, though.

My board also never reset itself when I was trying to figure this out, so
it may have a different cause.

--
Ferdy Hanssen, DIstributed and Embedded Systems group;
University of Twente, Dept. of Computer Science;