Re: Compiling libgphoto and gphoto2-2.1.4

Nathan.Smith@xxxxxxx.gov wrote:
> I'm pretty sure ./configure --host=cris is fine, because in config.sub
> they have this:
>         cris | cris-* | etrax*)
>                 basic_machine=cris-axis

Actually, it does matter; --host=cris-axis-linux-gnu is needed to pick
up the correct compiler.  With just --host=cris you'll pick up the
cris-axis-elf-gcc compiler.  (I downloaded libgphoto2-2.1.4, and
./configure --host=cris-axis-linux-gnu works fine.)

Another thing (in reply to your original e-mail): you probably don't
want to do a 'make install' without either modifying the resulting
makefile or providing an alternate install directory when invoking
configure.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications