RE: eCos on Cris

> From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com
> [mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com] On Behalf Of Simon Posnjak
>
> I was browsing the ftp.axis.com and to my surprise I found that you
> recently posted a version of eCos 2 ported to Cris. I managed to build
> Library and Tests, but I do not know how to run the executables on the
> dev82 board? So how do I do it? Which parameters should I feed to the
> e100boot program?

You can use the same parameters to e100boot as boot_linux does
when you are loading a linux image to the same hardware; you might
need to change the --jump address though.  (I recommend trying it
out using RAM boots at first though.)

Btw, the generic HAL for CRIS is not configured for any specific
hardware; it basically just pulls in the default values from the
register header files for all registers.  You will need to set
it up for the hardware you are using to get eCos to boot.  I can
provide you with the template for the devboard if you need it.

> All so what is the status of the port and what do you plan
> for it in the
> future?

The port is almost exactly the eCos 2.0 release (which is about
two years old now IIRC) with a few minor tweaks and the HAL and
driver (ethernet and serial) packages needed to run it on
ETRAX100(LX).  We have used it internally for some time without
problems, beware that we have not used the eCos TCP/IP stack
extensively though.  Also, the port is provided as-is; we are
not doing active work on eCos and if you require support you
will have to discuss that with our sales people.

/henrik