RE: eCos on Cris

V tor, 14.09.2004 ob 20:12 je Henrik Eriksson napisal(a):
> You can use the same parameters to e100boot as boot_linux does
> when you are loading a linux image to the same hardware; you might
> need to change the --jump address though.  (I recommend trying it
> out using RAM boots at first though.

Is the --jump address the one that i get if I do readelf -h <prog>, and
look at the Entry point address entry?

> Btw, the generic HAL for CRIS is not configured for any specific
> hardware; it basically just pulls in the default values from the
> register header files for all registers.  You will need to set
> it up for the hardware you are using to get eCos to boot.  I can
> provide you with the template for the devboard if you need it.

Yes, please. I would be very grateful. Thank you. (I have devboard 82)

> The port is almost exactly the eCos 2.0 release (which is about
> two years old now IIRC) with a few minor tweaks and the HAL and
> driver (ethernet and serial) packages needed to run it on
> ETRAX100(LX).  We have used it internally for some time without
> problems, beware that we have not used the eCos TCP/IP stack
> extensively though.  Also, the port is provided as-is; we are
> not doing active work on eCos and if you require support you
> will have to discuss that with our sales people.

OK, fair enough. What I am doing is developing a device driver which
needs about 100 us resolution. But the standard kernel has the
resolution of about 10 ms. So I am planing to develop one by using fast
timers. But all so I am thinking of using this project for my BS thesis
and because of that I will develop one more driver that will use the
RTAI kernel extensions (if I will ever get the RTAI patched kernel to
compile) and it would be very nice if I could develop one more that will
use eCos. So that I will be able to compere how they behave under heavy
load.

		Regards Simon