Re: *SPAM* 2490 and devboard_lx-R2_2_0

Scott T. Hardin wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Attempts at flashing an image from devboard_lx version R2.2.0 on a
> 2490 fail with an error during the 'ftp put'. So what's the trick to
> getting this image over to the 2490 via FTP? Of course, since there is
> no 'boot net' button on this model, using FTP would be the preferred
> method.
>
> And just for the records, I am aware that modding the 2490 voids the
> warrantee and that it is also not the reccomended to use the 2490 for
> development, but it's the device available to me currently.
>
> Here's the error from FTP:
> ftp> put fimage flash_all
> 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,1,1,4,4,1)
> 150-Preparing to flash.
> Allocating memory.
> 150 Opening data connection.
> 550 Partition table differs from flash partition table. Verify file
> and try again.

Unfortunately, you cannot reprogram the flash if the partition table
does not
match what's already on the board. This limitation might have been removed
by now (I think I read something to this effect in the release notes of the
current SDK), but you'ld need a copy of the current software on your board
first to take advantage of it.

You can find out the current partitioning scheme of your flash by looking at
/proc/mtd. Mine looks like this:

dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00010000 00010000 "part0"
mtd1: 003f0000 00010000 "part1"
mtd2: 00400000 00010000 "part2"
mtd3: 00140000 00010000 "romfs"

mtd0 is my rescue partition, mtd1 is the rom filesystem that holds the
kernel,
while mtd2 is my jffs. I don't know what mtd3 is supposed to be, nor why the
erasesize is 00010000 for all partitions (maybe this is the sector size
of the
flash chip ?). Of course, this might look completely different on your
hardware.

With kind regards,
Eric