Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 10:28 AM
Subject: RS-485 problem

Hi

We have two devboard 83's connected to each other via RS-485.

When transmitting data to /dev/ttyS3 from one board to the other using

echo "hello" > /dev/ttyS3

it works fine, but when doing the same from the other board that received the data earlier,

the command doesn't respond i.e. the board hangs until I press CTRL C.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Jayson Ingels