RE: usb memory stick

Here's what I did to mount a compact flash memory card.  Maybe this
information will help you?  My procedure probably needs work, but it may get
you started...

Setting up a Compact Flash Reader

Enable SCSI and USB File System support
Enable MSDOS partitions in Partition Types but do NOT enable MSDOS File
System in File System section

Must create device node in /dev for SCSI:

Add this to packages/devices/axis-2.4/Makefile (each line beginning with a
tab):

         $(MKNOD) -m 0664 -g disk   $(DEV)/sda       b   8   0
         $(MKNOD) -m 0664 -g disk   $(DEV)/sda1      b   8   1
         $(MKNOD) -m 0664 -g disk   $(DEV)/sda2      b   8   2
         $(MKNOD) -m 0664 -g disk   $(DEV)/sda3      b   8   3
         $(MKNOD) -m 0664 -g disk   $(DEV)/sda4      b   8   4

Perform a 'make install' in that directory, then make images and burn.

This will create the nodes in /dev

To make it work, you need to
1) Compile kernel with USB, SCSI, USB mass storage, DOS FAT fs, MSDOS fs,
VFAT fs, PC BIOS(MSDOS partitation table)
2) Add the /dev/sda, /dev/sda1, ...  into the
packages/devices/axis-2.4/Makefile
3) after boot, add the entries in /etc/fstab:
   /dev/sda1 /etc/usbcard vfat rw,auto,user,exec 0 0
4)
   echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi
   echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 1" > /proc/scsi/scsi
   echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 2" > /proc/scsi/scsi
   echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 3" > /proc/scsi/scsi
   (the first digit may vary if you are using a USB hub)
5) run 'mount /dev/sda1'

Mark Richards