Re: usb memory stick

thankyou  everyone for your help, the stick works now. As Hans had
suggested, what is needed is:

CONFIG_VFAT_FS, CONFIG_FAT_FS, CONFIG_USB_STORAGE, CONFIG_SCSI, CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD and CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED.

and to configure block devices major 8, minor 0 and 1.

I was only missing CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED - but note that it doesnt work without this even if the stick is formatted on linux, for fat32, with fdisk and mkfs...

akshay