Re: usb memory stick

> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:28:49 -0400
> From: Akshay Adhikari <akshay@xxxxxxx.com>

> I was only missing CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED - but note that
> it doesnt work without this even if the stick is formatted on
> linux, for fat32, with fdisk and mkfs...

Right.  For the record, what I alluded to by:

> >Are you sure you've formatted the stick (fdisk, mkfs.vfat)?

> >Did you enable CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED?
> >Needed to read the partition table if you've formatted the stick
> >on a PC (as above, or the only way if you did it from an MS OS, I
> >think).

... was that you don't *need* to partition the stick (or your
HD) if you mkfs a single filesystem directly on /dev/sda
(i.e. no fdisk, just mkfs /dev/sda) and mount that instead of
e.g. /dev/sda1.  But you probably don't want to do that so just
forget it now and sorry for the confusion. :-)

brgds, H-P
PS. I hope this thread also answers mr. Ozzie Gurkan's question
from months ago, which I found recently in my spam folder
- sorry about that.