Alignment of the pointers

Hi all,

To finish my port of GC to CRIS i have to set the alignment of all
pointers as:

> ALIGNMENT is the largest N, such that
> all pointer are guaranteed to be aligned on N byte boundaries.
> defining it to be 1 will always work, but perform poorly.

Setting it to 1 works as explained. But when I set it to 4 - which i
think should be correct value (4*8 = 32 = address size) - it blows. Am
I missing something (or is pointer alignment on cris different than 4)?
I am using the last available compiler (1.58-1).

		Regards Simon