From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com] On
Behalf Of Fettahlioglu, Mahmut
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 9:32 AM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: uClibc support

Hi all,

I am trying to build latest devboard_82 release (1.92) to work with
uClibc
instead of glibc. Statically linked binaries seem to work mostly fine. I
am
having some issues with dynamically linked binaries however.

I am using cris build tools version 1.60, and I use make
cris-axis-linux-gnuuclibc to use the gcc_cris script to compile and link
applications. I am using uClibc version 0.9.26.

Has anyone tried doing this or does anyone know what needs to be done?
Any
feedback is welcome.

I had to tweak a few things in a number of files to get a smooth build.
All
the applications I am interested in compile and link ok. When I try to
run
the resulting executables, I get a segmentation fault whenever I try to
run
a dynamically linked binary. With debugging turned on, the dynamic
linker is
printing messages such as:

ELF header=0x35556000
First Dynamic section entry=0x3555fb24
scanning DYNAMIC section
done scanning DYNAMIC section
done grabbing link information
calling mprotect on the shared library/dynamic linker
calling mprotect on the application program
About to do library loader relocations
About to fixup symbol: _dl_internal_error_number
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug_symbols
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug_file
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug_move
About to fixup symbol: _dl_error_number
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug_bindings
About to fixup symbol: _dl_ldsopath
About to fixup symbol: _dl_symbol_tables
About to fixup symbol: _dl_linux_resolve
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug_state
About to fixup symbol: _dl_loaded_modules
About to fixup symbol: _dl_preload
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug_reloc
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug_detail
About to fixup symbol: _dl_handles
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug
About to fixup symbol: _dl_brkp
About to fixup symbol: _dl_progname
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug_addr
About to fixup symbol: _dl_malloc_function
About to fixup symbol: _dl_envp
About to fixup symbol: _dl_debug_nofixups
About to fixup symbol: _dl_library_path
About to fixup symbol: _dl_load_shared_library
About to fixup symbol: _dl_unsetenv
About to fixup symbol: _dl_copy_fixups
About to fixup symbol: _dl_parse_relocation_information
About to fixup symbol: _dl_find_hash
About to fixup symbol: _dl_linux_resolver
About to fixup symbol: _dl_elf_hash
About to fixup symbol: _dl_check_if_named_library_is_loaded
About to fixup symbol: _dl_malloc
About to fixup symbol: _dl_load_elf_shared_library
About to fixup symbol: _dl_parse_copy_information
About to fixup symbol: _dl_check_hashed_files
About to fixup symbol: _dl_fixup
About to fixup symbol: _dl_dprintf
About to fixup symbol: _dl_parse_lazy_relocation_information
About to fixup symbol: _dl_strdup
About to fixup symbol: _dl_add_elf_hash_table
About to fixup symbol: _dl_getenv
Done relocating library loader, so we can now
        use globals and make function calls!
GOT found at 0x3555fbbc
Lib Loader:     (0x35556000) /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0
Beginning relocation fixups
Beginning copy fixups
Signal 11

I am linking a number of binaries such as init and busybox statically to
get
the kernel and init scripts start (mostly) properly. I couldn't manage
telnet into the box yet - something to do with pty's in the telnet
server.

Any comments welcome,

Thanks

Mahmut

Mahmut Fettahlioglu
Senior Software Engineer

Open Access Pty Ltd
PO Box 301
Crows Nest NSW 1585

Phone           02 9978 7009
Fax             02 9978 7099
Email           mahmut@xxxxxxx.au
This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named
above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
If
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately
by
return email or telephone 02 9978 7009 and destroy the original message.