Re: min_free_size again.

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> dwmw2@xxxxxxx.org said:
> >  The question is - _why_ is it -8?
>
> I believe that this is because I was writing out 8 extra bytes that I wasn't
> accounting for - the name wasn't in the node that I was obsoleting, but it
> was in the node that I was writing.
>
> Fixed.

Forgot to report this yesterday:

I got the maths wrong, and in certain circumstances the data_size of the
node to write went negative - and as it was unsigned, this meant that we
just ate all _all_ the remaining free space. Not good.

Now we only write out the name with the node if the node we're obsoleting
had a name in it.

--
dwmw2