Re: jffs HOWTO ?

On lun, 04 sep 2000 21:41:13 David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Xavier Bestel wrote:
>

> > Currently it uses the ftl code for the 2.0.38 kernel (uClinux). It boots
> > reading the compressed kernel from ext2 ( la lilo). I want to try
replacing
> > ext2 by jffs.
>
> LILO understands FTL?

No, I meant that the kernel loader is a bit like lilo: it reads the compressed
kernel off the filesystem (when writing the kernel to disk, you have to write
the sectors sequence somewhere on the bootblock).
I think the same kind of mechanism is doable with jffs, we just have to have a
way to know where are the sectors of a file.

	Xav