white paper clarificaton

> perl is not a 'public domain language' by any means. There is a single
> implementation and no formal grammar.

Youre missing the point, maybe I should have said publically available
language... however there is agreement gelling w/ GNU, albiet slowly.  Perl
none-the-less ranks as a Debian module giving it public status.

What is at stake here is the distribution of a billion or so machines bringing
the rest of the planet up to our standards using thinclient principles that are
not proprietary to Sun, IBM, Microsoft or AOL.

The formal grammar issue is being addressed in perl6, but as I said is a
democratic often anarchistic process and therefore needs nurturing.

The above flaw is the feature that allows a single implemention to exist.
Java, being the property of SUN, ~requires~ a huge waste of programming effort
to keep replicating the code.

The fact that nemesis Microsoft is not only supporting perl, but declining to
pollute it as he has done to java and xml, strongly supports the present
situation.

Either way, I'm not trying to make a religious statement about perl, and I
honestly believe that there is room for another great language along the lines
of perl and java and python but better tuned for the needs of the
aforementioned billion users.

Anyway, can I have some content, please ???

=====
John van Vlaanderen