Re: Finalized TODO list for NAND and JFFS...

sjhill@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  When reading an end of block, it would seem logical to pick the next
> block/page in the case of a read. Why would I make a call to get the
> next usable block? Silly question I'm sure.

No. Drop item 5 too. When reading, you know exactly where to read from,
because you know exactly where each node of the requested file resides.

Your 'get_next_usable_block' function is used to choose which block to GC
next, and will basically contain the pseudocode you pasted under item 6.

sjhill@xxxxxxx.com said:
> This sounds fine. It will be a configuration option at the MTD level
> and not the JFFS level.

Sensible.

sjhill@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  I wasn't making a complete TODO list for MTD and JFFS, unless you're
> volunteering me for that :).

There's a lot of overlap. Well volunteered. :)

--
dwmw2