Re: Finalized TODO list for NAND and JFFS...

David Woodhouse wrote:

> Also add a checkpointing system or some way of removing the necessity of
> scanning the whole of the flash on mount.
>
> For a 21MB filesystem, that takes over a minute.

If you were to utilize the partitioning method in the 'pnc2000.c'
as we discussed earlier and place a "superblock" of sorts at the
beginning of the JFFS image that contained a linked list of where
the nodes are located either logically offset within the MTD
partition or physically addressed in the flash. This "superblock"
would be a pre-allocated size created when the JFFS image is built
on the host platform. That's a really quick idea with not a whole
lot of technical accuracy.

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer