Re: Finalized TODO list for NAND and JFFS...

David Woodhouse wrote:

> Also add a checkpointing system or some way of removing the necessity of
> scanning the whole of the flash on mount.
>
> For a 21MB filesystem, that takes over a minute.
>
> --
> dwmw2

By the way, can't we shorten mount time for Intel chips by rewriting read
routines in such a way that they don't send Read Status Register command when
chip->status is FL_READY?

I think we can. Acually, I have tried already and it shortens mount time
dramatically.

So the question, as I can see it, is can we be sure that Status Register has
7th bit set when chip->status == FL_READY?

Any comments?

Nick