Re: How much time is needed to snyc?

David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Gregory Schallert wrote:
>
> > My worse case is that I would have to write a 4Meg Ramdisk back to the
> > JFFS/MTD Flash chip.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean you load a ramdisk off the
> flash on boot, and write the modified copy of the ramdisk in its entirety
> out to the flash on shutdown? Why?

Not Exactly.  I am using this system for data collection.  The file system
should stay synched with the jffs so that will remain on a flash. I am going
to create a 4meg ram disk for the data that will change very frequently ( it
is rare, but not unheard of, for us to do 5000 small changes to a file in a
day ).  I would like this data to survive a power down, but don't want to
write to flash thousands of times.  I thought the best way to do this would
be a ramdisk.

The regular fill system will be on the 16 meg flash chips.

greg